Board of Trustees
The National Heritage Memorial Fund is governed by a Board of Trustees, chaired by Simon Thurley CBE. They supervise the overall management of NHMF activities and are responsible for strategic leadership and direction of the organisation.
Trustees are appointed by the Prime Minister and work within laws made by Parliament and directions given by Government. Their decisions about individual applications and matters of policy are made independently.
The Board of Trustees is supported by a Panel of eight members, including Chief Executive, Ros Kerslake, who advise and support on a range of business matters.
The role of the NHMF Panel is to offer advice on:
- how to deploy funds from the NHMF to deliver greatest benefit to the heritage
- potential threats to the heritage of the UK to which NHMF might be best placed to respond
- potentially controversial issues of policy identified by staff or Trustees
- opinions and formal advice from experts and other agencies
- the priorities for funding from a rang
The NHMF head office is in London, where a team of staff work on assessing applications and offering support and advice to potential grantees.
Vacancies will be posted on this page. If you are interested in hearing about these as and when they arise, please contact us at DecisionMakers@heritagefund.org.uk.