Acquisition of clock case made by Matthew Boulton's factory in Soho in 1771 for King George III to a design by William Chambers, the King's architect. Boulton copied the clock more than once but the only surviving version (other than the original which is at Windsor) is this example. It contains a movement probably made by Eardley Norton. The elaborate case is made of ormolu and painted glass. It has a white enamel dial with blue and gold surround, ormolu rams heads at the corners linked by swags, four urn finials above with a beige Derbyshire spar collar in the centre, with an urn above that.