Contained in more than 400 boxes, the Granville Archive comprises the extensive papers of three aristocratic politicians – father, son and grandson – who exercised huge power as politicians and...
73 acres of historic land at Ham Hill in Somerset, which includes extensive archaeological remains, has been secured for the nation.
Lancaster University and the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) are delighted to announce the purchase of the Whitehouse Ruskin Collection. This purchase has secured for the nation an unparalleled collection of the paintings and drawings, books and manuscripts, photographs and daguerreotypes of John Ruskin (1819–1900), the epoch-defining critic, artist, environmentalist and social thinker.
Purchased with support from the National Heritage Memorial Fund, Art Fund and the V&A Members, this pair of lamps were the joint creation of artist Salvador Dalí (1904-1989) and his...
National Museums Scotland has acquired a historic Bruce-Oosterwijck longitude pendulum sea clock, which played an important role in the long quest for a practical way of determining longitude at sea; a problem that had made sea voyages incredibly hazardous.
Thanks to funding from Art Fund and the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF), Imperial War Museums (IWM) has successfully acquired Armistice Day (November 11 1918), an oil painting by renowned Irish wartime artist John Lavery.
The restoration of one England’s most important historic gardens, the unique Hestercombe Gardens near Taunton in Somerset, is one step closer thanks to a £1.5million grant from the National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF).
After remaining in private ownership for some 55 years, one of the earliest and most significant paintings by internationally acclaimed artist the late John Bellany CBE, will go on permanent public display as part of the Scottish Maritime Museum’s new national art collection, it was announced today (Friday 28 September).
Painting linking two Welsh icons will travel to Swansea in 2019 as part of Gallery’s Coming Home project
A rare medieval bible has been saved for the nation and returned to Canterbury Cathedral 500 years after it disappeared from the Cathedral’s monastic book collection at the time of the Reformation.