Trustees / Panel
The National Heritage Memorial Fund's Chair and 14 Trustees are appointed by the Prime Minister to run the Fund. They receive advice from heritage experts and work within laws made by Parliament and directions given by Government. Their decisions about individual applications and matters of policy are made entirely independently.
Visit the links on the right to read profiles of our Trustees.
The Panel advises NHMF Trustees and staff on the range of business conducted by the NHMF. More specifically its role is to offer advice on:
- how to deploy funds from the NHMF to deliver greatest benefit to the heritage
- potential threats to the heritage of the UK to which NHMF might be best placed to respond
- potentially controversial issues of policy identified by staff or Trustees of the Fund
- opinions and formal advice from experts and other agencies
- the priorities for funding from a range of applications and potential applications facing the Board
View the Register of Interests for the NHMF Trustees and Panel [external link] on the National Lottery Heritage Fund website.